Wednesday 29 March 2023

#1184 - I have seen in a box

 




1184

30.iii.23

4.89

I have seen in a box

 

winds of this world

and the world blows away

 

then still

the static crackling

 

all shrunk

 

rumours spread like a map

sour wishes

 

I have heard the names of the gone, of the lost

heard their cries


house tumbling over ears

ground given way

mostly though the wars

 

I saw life perfected

in the mansion shine

 

creatures far flung

 

I could always change the picture

have seen such seas wash off

rise

 

this was my hearth

nor the heat of a fire

all we had with which to warm

 

I was able to adjust the sound

 

argument won lost

everything for sale

 

things literally, things unique

 

many of crimes accused

 

some songs stir

I have seen them all salute

 

the colour of time

a personal vanish

 

much that was

I had to accept

 

once twiddle

and then a bang on the side

glow valves

burn off the dust

 

if I would travel back to then

think of it as godbox

 

dance seraphim

sing cherubim

 

idyll of elsewhere I have seen

 

I have found hope and inspiration

these favourite little clouds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.