Thursday 30 March 2023

#1184 - drawing a blank

 




1184

30.iii.23

4.89

drawing a blank

 

what was I thinking?

or not

 

I had no idea

drew

 

blank mind

blank page

 

I don’t even have the question yet

 

but here’s blunt instrument to ask

 

blank soul

and running empty

 

fire blanks

 

colourless as my skin

so unseen

not a cloud in the heart

 

but elegant

make my blank baroque

 

curlicue too

a sheep white counting

dag-ended

 

not enough time to think

but carry across

 

world on its way

a little wobble

having not been before

 

it’s stars spun out to bright

 

tomorrow is the day unwritten

it’s just the same as now

 

I might not even be here

might never quite have been

 

it’s like Lear just wasn’t thinking

nothing will from nothing come

 

it’s nothing to me at all


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.