Thursday 30 September 2021

#639 - my invisible friend


 

1.x.22

639

2.274

my invisible friend

first notes towards the plan for a book

with blank spaces where the pictures

would otherwise be

 

 

my invisible friend

is here again

or went away

not telling

 

everyone has at least

won’t ask you if you’ve seen

 

my invisible friend

never sleeps

or doesn’t need to

 

size M in general

have an attic priest hole

but the shoes can grow

(especially on birthdays)

 

ran up a tree in the dizzy midst

 

from an early age

I was told to believe

but never did any good

 

my invisible friend

is much in agreement

though has to be caught in a certain light

you never can quite tell

 

open a window, a door for

my invisible friend

and welcome

 

up in the sky

down from the trees

ten foot tall

a pooka!

 

my invisible friend

invents a game

knows what I will say next

hides, seeks the same

and loves to dawdle

counts you down

breath by breath

 

my invisible friend

has another time in the clock

 

invisible friend

has another friend

this is the way it goes

 

days off

at times the cloak falls to me

or just a magic scarf

 

I’ve had to go back

and rescue this silly

 

it’s nice though with the wings and fly

 

loves to sit in the sunshine

doesn’t mind soaking up rain

 

my invisible friend

makes up a staircase

hop on hop off

the kind that comes around

 

if only

brilliant at the piano, guitar

keeps a gladstone bag of magic

 

is shy

and so you might not

 

invisible friend in the walls

under the house

can’t see without my glasses

and I won’t say imagine

can however sometimes creep

and up to tricks

 

share everything

and sometimes

it’s all together

we’ve counted the stars

 

I am learning a lot

keep it all under my pillow

you won’t tell

will you?

 

that’s us off on a trail

always a pleasure to meet

 

I know that you’re reading this right now

 

you can torture me

tempt me with chocolate too

it’s all a wink with my friend

wind in the seablown sails

 

and I won’t say the name

won’t give you away

I’ll never say a word

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.