Wednesday, 2 September 2026

#2437 -- I have decided it's best to hide

 



2437

7.244

3.ix.26

I have decided it’s best to hide

 

everyone’s saying ‘look at me! look at me!’

 

they are pursued by winged monkeys

they are under the influences

there is some kind fo a marketing ploy

 

that’s just where I close my eyes

not trying for any god’s attention

 

it’s not just this latter day weather

the information’s at me from all directions

 

it’s almost as if I’d have to choose

 

I have decided it’s best to hide

 

to absent myself certain griefs, conversation

 

under a rock, up a tree, in a cave

 

just pile up soil and straw, go mulch

 

none of this needful

 

one hears one’s own heart beat

 

I have decided it’s best to hide

 

is there a silence left?

then we’re divided from

 

ah – the trumpets’ brass blare

the roar of everywhere machine

 

it’s safest to keep your head in the sand

 

I have decided to hide in plain sight here

 

as some few of you must see


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.