Tuesday, 1 September 2026

#2436 -- the blank

 



2436

7.243

2.ix.26

the blank

 

just a peek

or

stare in

fix gaze

stare the page out

 

till the image

till the words come

until the poem will appear

 

the blank is heartfel, personal

 

far down in me

feel it

it’s where ideas are from

 

… if there were such a mirror as soul

 

have to stare straight

there are a thousand distractions

 

we’re from there too

come from the dream

 

there’s nothing

and you are

who’ll blink first?

 

every tablet needs a good scrub

there’s a broom to fit every head

 

the art of seeing what’s not there

making others see it too –

that’s what every shyster spruiks

 

how cities pour from the clock

 

the blank!

it is an inspiration!

 

how much can you cram in there?

how much will you charge?

 

be loved

what else is to believe?

 

we have to make the picture ourselves

 

it’s the first day of a season here

no one has ever known

 

I’m going back now

… I must leave you

 

there’s something I left in there

… don’t know what

but we’ll will be needing it soon

 

it’s never from nothing the blank

I think it’s just where we are

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.