Wednesday 17 April 2024

#1570 - I have taken too many prisoners

 


1570

5.109

18.iv.24

I have taken too many prisoners

 

I have taken too many prisoners in my time

 

the key and the lock are rusted

 

they starve

still haunt

the zombie hoard

 

the low would bring low

they are levellers

 

I have suffered the gladdest of fools

persnickets and pokesters

blockers, most jealous

the blow-hards, do-nothings

the get-in-your-way-for-the-sake-of-it

those who keep talking with nothing to say

 

how many species of fuckwit

may just one world attend?

 

give me the thinking gadfly

the scorpion sting of truth

 

it’s past time to call out

a waste of space

of energy

 

tired of these so self sorry

the victim’s never wrong

who will not see their victims

all their laying waste

 

they are so self important

up on their judgement throne

 

the Mock of Fuck

the Tim of Tam

the rattling of their chains will deafen

 

and of course the conversation unhad

with a fuck you

and a fuck you too

and a fuck you back again

 

take a tumbril

I march them to the scaffold now

 

and I could just wring each scrawny neck

 

or I could just let them go 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.