Tuesday 27 February 2024

#1519 - only optimists buy annuities

 


1519

5.58

27.ii.24

only optimists buy annuities

 

people thirty years older than me

are typically dead these days

it wasn’t always so

 

lots of people younger than me are too

though ‘younger’ and ‘older’ might

in this context, be misleading terms

 

my super fund

and mind you, that’s how I live

shows me a flower on the calculator

nineteen years from here

... it took me a while to work this out

but that’s how long they believe

I have left

 

Bulahdelah Bowling Club is worse

my ‘life’ membership expires in 2035

it says on the card

what do they know that I don’t?

 

signs of the endtimes you might say

scythe versus brushcutter

you decide

 

but surely by now

you will have noticed the acceleration?

 

how so many things we look forward to

are already in the past 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.