Monday 29 January 2024

#1489 - among my strange shapes


 

1489

5.28

28.i.24

among my strange shapes

 

often a tune travelling

 

run of grief if I’ll remember

stone polished to

 

clap hands

come creature

 

come

as we must all be imagined

in these parts

 

far as worlds, as moons, as stars

 

a squiggle here

fine quippery

 

a tower

trumpets

climbing

now snail, now ant

 

colours as present

 

the crocodile

house, bridge, the wheel

 

an average heart the ages stretch

 

and under

where I must mistake

 

boats, all manner

trees leaf to joy

 

the telling out of time

all as far as I’m concerned

 

a sayso

hunch

and nod

go on

 

stray words to fill a head

 

self same

 

then it’s on with the socks

and into the day

 

it’s headlong

here we come


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.