Monday 30 October 2023

#1399 - Henro series - there is always the way within



1399

there is always the way within 


or you could say each of us is a way 

has a way 


consider the feet, the back, the shoulders

let us speak of neither bladder nor bowel

the unreadable map

stray waymarkers


did I mention 


sometimes the temple water is rancid

sometimes it tastes like rust 


the way is further than you think


the slippery moss, the unforecast rain 


one of the parts of the pilgrim’s oath 

is that one must not complain


I think that’s helpful

and today for instance 

I didn’t get too terribly  burnt 

neither soaked to the skin

no shivers, no fevers

I have nothing broken 

no burst blisters

no weeping wounds as far as I know 


my only terminal condition is life 

or one might say, age

I ought to be good for the journey

 

I bought the overpriced pilgrim cloak

3000 yen, temple rip-off 

but mutipurpose 

traditionally, it what they bury you in 

should you die on the way


around my neck, I wear just skin 

for staff I have a ukulele 

I have an osprey on my back

my water bottle rattles empty for a bell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.