Saturday 28 October 2023

#1397 - Henro Series - the way of the lazy pilgrim

 



1397

Henro Series

the way of the lazy pilgrim



preambulation


I dream the rain

have lived an edge of it 


and wake towards the way


if not we

then who will weep for the trees?


so set off with socks sufficient 


escargot pace 

with the day on my back


unshepherded

from the great city, go


from the script

from all the ancient known


just me and the trail and the book I make 


I go far and long ago


so you’ll be with me now






Day One


sound of the town starting off 


next words come

and wheels - the world

and here’s the wished for sun 


Bando – Ryoozenji

piano, sports whistle, the playground


looking for signs to follow 


a forest in every front yard

every branch and each leaf tamed


come along Kuukai, keep up







almost at the point of beginning 


rice now rising 


on the pilgrim superhighway 

believing a way out of this world


shall I take the steps unnecessary?

or stick with the main track?


beginning 

feel an almost duty to dawdle –

my little revolt against far 


suddenly no one 

a solar farm, cycads


now’s too much sun 


a cloud for my shade 

and thanks - no rain 


I’m here to find the rules to break 


without believing any nonsense

one might still be kind 


this kind of thing has to start with oneself


Day One and already cheating 


I begin as I mean to go on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.