Wednesday 26 April 2023

#1212 - I am a continent adrift

 


1212

27.iv.23

4.117

I, the undiscovered country

 

uncharted

unknown quantity

 

who’ll know what must presage

I regularly invade

 

and that’s just warming up

caution to the winds let flail

 

I turn the leaves, call orb

I set foot ashore, raise flag

 

lamb it with the lion

 

I strive to lose legibility

that way match the splash

 

I am continent adrift

good as cloud go

 

in pink on beyond

 

the me me me

 

I imagine a shape

find it beautiful

let off no smell at all

 

nor cast a shadow one could see

 

no one can know just how I wish

or whom I’ll next devour

 

I am the miracle whizz

gone further than heretofore

 

move tragically

must take the piss

 

that’s just to get started

 

it’s every creature like this

each separate single cell

 

a kingdom if it can

 

I know it must be this way for you

and I know that you know what I mean




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.