Tuesday 1 December 2020

#335 - I decided to be an open book




2.xii.20

335

I decided to be an open book

 

broad blank acres

skies washed to serve

 

showed windows for a soul hello

blew dust off the leaves

 

scroll down to the fairtytale

could have been

picture pretty

 

once I had wished to be a tree

 

flew under the radar still

 

but just because no one would look

I could have incited or stolen

or anything but

 

diaphanous in flight

wishing to be supposed all ways

 

gristle and bone

we under

richer and poorer

better and worse

 

once landing on your morning doorstep

might have come with the milk

or mother’s

 

intricate tracery – lines tricked to truth

 

I thought to be a vast archive

but I settled for this

 

still secret to myself

make magic, cypher, maze

 

wishing to be all ways surprised

I risked the tricky past

 

could I have been first sign

I decided to foretell

 

this was my breeze and stillness

blew till the wind was gone

 

I see you far past deaths and mine

putting me back up on the shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.