Monday 29 June 2020

#180 - pre-dotage






30.6.20
180
pre-dotage

under the radar
and wits about
I come up the path
with what weather we have
and winter lit

lost in my own writing

long curlicues
and devilish tails
kind of a black and white garden

some people said ‘lucky’
where I’d arrived

fortunate few watching on
blogwise

I was in the hinternet
had a blue tooth
(before and after
no one would understand)

you simply had to be there
played ironies, all sorts
so much rattling noise
a headsup
and the ringing

finally, in age advancing
got to be young
saw everything for a first time

so many doors and windows
all the eyes of heaven
the hot and the far

lovely to know
can still get cold

look around
so much
and nothing to steal

steam from both ears
that’s an idea
see stars overhead
or I say lightbulbs

puzzled all selves
with the game making
inkling at a time

in spring slap paint
then I will be precious commodity

and greatness, like love
I know   
that comes from
giving up on it
sometimes in centuries
yes or no
otherwise

do what you have to do

the dance is my music
bones only towards

draw the circle string
chalk close

and now – ladies and gentlemen
for the first time
and here as never before

to climb dive
get a bite on the log
tread hot coals
swallow fire
and leap through

ready for the unravelling

sleep – I go back there
… hard to believe
it isn’t the place I am from 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.