Thursday 25 June 2020

#176 - nostalgia







26.6.20
176
nostalgia

back in the sixties
when I could this that still
and yearn a bliss for you
be golden

that was my number then
and I would serve ten years
nostalgic for things planned

tundra monsters were melting to life
I could just touch your toes

so much yet to invent!

skirt so short you could come to grief there

yellow submarine, Norwegian forest days
summer hike to tarn it
where I was the latest thing
young poet then
all potential

never and not for long

back in the sixties – drought, flood, green
collecting kindling, later warm by
a garden grows up around

only a matter of time
watch the market yo yo
call that superannuation

cute sputum, clear
all day playing with words
why should teeth concern me?
I love pumpkin soup

into the forests while they still are
commiserate koalas

a victim of my own digression
ache toe
down gout!

tracky pants to see me out
(phrase once would have shocked)

inked up!
I went into another black and white phase

someone said ‘don’t wish your life away’
and I was young enough to remember
don’t think I really have

tired early afternoon – siesta
try not to take any pills

utterly unsuited to gainful employment
thirty salutes to the sun
but other stars dimmer now
perfectly pandemic fit

light pollutes
absolute utterly

went to the beach just for a walk
and vanish in among tuned strings
I needed all the frets

two piles –
to read!
and to revisit!

for instance, the immortality plan

soon sackcloth, ashes, a brimstone brink
miracle the mail still comes

there’ll be drones in the smoke
and the cannibal chase
everything else we hold dear

why did they never tell us
have to clean between?


one might have looked forward to that 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.