Sunday 29 March 2020

#90 - a moment of sunshine around the garden






























30.3.20
90
a moment of sunshine around the garden

meaning leaf to another
where the notes fall
each over other
and trickle, pond, well

strikes me like a tune
the signature
in spare time

a certain hour
I’ll not say

creature every one anointed
must be the moment

remember when weather knew nothing of us?
went merrily on

is it flutter or flight?

I am the camera   
slow to a sadness
who isn’t there

peer into lit bits
and where unexpected

standing time still

by hook by claw
by tooth and nail

these are the clothes to which I am suited  
it’s with myself I go

could be there with you
it’s only we two now
pause, vanish

see how insects are upwardly mobile?
and air
hangs like hope
over our heads

hold back the branches and pass

sometimes scythe, machete, trowel
shovel, mattock, fork

despite cutbacks
the garden remains
sufficient to itself

look up will won’t you?

nests hidden
plain sight pumpkins
vine shy under

in a mist meaning
ears all night out for
the running of the creek

never yet named
but two months now
belonging

where will it come from?

it’s here where I’m always
on my way home

of course we have wings
salt over the shoulder

it’s head of a pin
all of us dance

this is the news
I bring











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.