Saturday 1 February 2020

#33 - two poems








02.02.2020
33
two poems

a nut for a jar of tuna
(corona virus dream)

parts thereof
China and getting out 
lost in the queues
lost my tour group
vast square of night
and lights went
knots of what are they up to
someone coughs
a powder misted
will I need the injection (?)
hard to say
but it’s expected
can’t tell from the others
China, after all

in the car backseat with Turnbull
a wealth reek, he’s a passenger up front
puts down my tray table for a piece of fruit
how very very kind
would you have done any different knowing now
(play to form the words)
what you couldn’t then
how much time you had?
I explain to him and Lucy is listening
how each Prime Ministership from Rudd on
changed the rules
how, if he were Scott Morrison
now he’d be king forever
but then I see they’re all like that
by now he’s gone as I am

in the third there’s climbing
it’s all I’ve got
but I see now that the theme was gone-ness
which is where I’m lost with these words

a date with the same way in and out
last part’s to waking lost








look up, twinkle

nothing taller than the sky
touch stars
and tell ourselves for far
forever from what
we’ll never know

1 comment:

  1. second draft


    look up, twinkle

    nothing taller than the sky
    touch stars

    and tell ourselves for far
    forever from what?

    we’ll never know

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.