Friday 31 January 2020

#32 - three poems


Saturday 1st February, 2020
32
three poems


first sightings

blur from where
catch light’s curtain crack
then day begins
unpyjam-ed
upon

wallaby (2)
rabbit (1)
walking birds (sundry)
kookas (triangle of)
others up (too quick to count)

breeze catching me – shone
a pond, sunspread

then the little cloud comes –
least that it can do



a little wrestle with myself

and mystery of am

who’s down?
who’s in the limbs of tangle?

in time return
there’s where I was
and all the same to me
no, not

piano plays against

guests have sometimes
been an excuse

call conscience

watch the illiterate whirl
and wordlessly join in

we’re not even looking out of the windows
they’ll just have to find us

here I am in my own life strangely

to dance is all the body

you’re the silence listening

I’ll travel till I’m gone



hey bud

not leaf by leaf
but all at once
not the tree
but all are back
tribe of up
and drought for fact
a song towards
not seeing through
heights of a vanishing
nakedness now
the getting
and letting
of light

all empty past

in tips of it
the birds trip home
which is the vast of blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.