Wednesday 29 January 2020

#30 - the commuters

30th January 30, 2020
30
the commuters

I know them, scented with passage
neither here nor where they make

like their means, alone among them
on an errand, am I? could be

following, crosses to bear and I see
voices too low to touch

nose in often news, buried
in the week somewhere

expressions? determined, resigned
finger, eye and taken

seasons miss them yet they dress
each lit with night forgetting

so gentle rock and carried away
each is singing elsewhere also

they are the avatars of it, of all
power source, factory and fashion

gone under own steam
some come to the cough and go

each one melodious, bound
in cadences far known

meet half meant on my stroll
and catch the eye or else

reminding me of striving
what time of day would they (?)

you ask, made as the minutes
are, of them

I have these steps to myself
heavenly at home 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.