Sunday, 9 August 2026

#2413 -- my imaginary friend

 





2413

7.220

10.viii.26

my imaginary friend

 

drops in from who-knows-where?

or they were there when I arrived

no one else can see

 

my special friend

my secret friend

friend of my imagining

 

I give a name

it’s not his hers

 

and no one else will know

 

come from a sky

from the city of bridges

come from a silent sea

 

it’s fun we’re at together

it’s friend who has imagined me

 

helps with my homework too

 

by virtue of an absence here

 

we have an understanding

comes in the form of a game

on Sunday or any other almost

 

often wake up to tell a joke

 

the antlers just for frolic

 

I write this message in a bottle

so very far out

so as to say

 

how one day we may go away

imaginary friend and I

 

we’ll wave the world goodbye






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.