Wednesday, 26 August 2026

#2340 -- jetlag

 



2430

7.237

27.viii.26

jetlag

 

I keep a shadow in a box

 

often the arbitrary object appears

cylindrical, calendrical

shape of a bucket

no words

I wish

but they will come

I’m fighting off the signs

 

sometimes I’m a fish

glow with the dawn

try not to let

 

there’s long before that

we’re stone

all turning

there’ll be frogsong

dim

try not to let the words

 

who’ll say a day is full of hours

processional as cloud?

 

touch now the covers

on an isthmus lit by stain

first kookaburra

first train

second

third

 

tides of light

in out which

such as a shape occurs

a face or

 

is it worth it?

scratch

 

shadow boxing

 

here’s rush of the headlong city

now we’re coming in to land

with a bump

and a bump

and here we are

all days ago that’s now





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.