Tuesday 9 July 2024

#1652 - Kimberley Dreaming

 


1652

5.191

10.vii.24

Kimberley Dreaming

ekphrastic for Yosl Bergner’s 1939 ‘Self Portrait’

 

hello you far skin

trick of time

 

I have passed you this many

 

it was when you could be no one else

 

there was a boot coming down

 

a jolly picnic too

 

one grows into a face

 

they’d change your name back if you did

 

it is another brink we’re at

it’s always

 

so much truth to tell

 

one washes up on a rusty shore

crimes are for, against

 

your eyes in mine

till I’m responsible

 

doesn’t matter how many degrees apart

 

hello, you remind me

of whom I never knew

I am

 

the race is

human

 

ears too big and eyes too wide

lips sealed for all the world

 

and yet a chance that we’ll arrive 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.