Friday 21 June 2024

#1635 - hello big yellow

 


1635

5.174

22.vi.24

hello big yellow

apostrophe in absentia

 

hello big yellow

 

I hope you don’t mind me addressing you in the abstract

seeing as I don’t have a clear line of sight right now

 

it’s binawhile

 

you’ve let things slip lately

come over all cloudy, grey

 

and yes, we can always do with some rain

but

 

they say you’re coming back today

so far I don’t see any sign

 

these rumours, you know, are all very well

 

and I guess when you’re in a one star system

you have to take what you get

 

and true, it’s worse when there’s too much of you

and everyone’s on fire

(too hot the eye of heaven, and so on)

right now though we’re rubbing hands, stamping feet

 

today

I’ve saluted you thirty six times

 

little hard on the hip

but that’s devotion!

 

I hope you appreciate it

 

no, I won’t look you in the eye

I’m shy

 

let me say

(and I know the message takes a few minutes to reach you

so things well might have changed by then)

 

you’d be like a lemon to shine

but brighter, more golden

 

to hang from the dripping tree

 

you’re a bit of a rasion d’être for us

you mightn’t know it but

we all look up to you

 

you’re the kind of nuclear fusion we appreciate way out here

(good safe distance)

 

so flare away!

forget the spots!

(everyone gets them)

 

my roof is waiting, batteries too

we might like a shower at some stage

 

big yellow!

 

please put in an appearance today 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.