Thursday 20 June 2024

#1634 - placating a serial killer

 


1634

5.173

21.vi.24

an aubade for concert pieces

placating a serial killer

for Rimsky-Korsakov’s ‘Scheherazade’

 

let me tell you a story

 

brave sailor and the treasure cave

what wiles!

a flying rug

 

sensuous taut strings

here’s harp beside piquant

market spices

a major third apart

 

wild tales

wilder nights!

 

from murderous hate

trill further, love

you smell of fear

it presses me

 

let me tell you a story

 

a magic lamp, great riches

an X on every door

lost cities

and a robot horse

 

these all come marching to the dance we’re in

a very private thing

 

antique science

poets known by heart

philosophies expounded

 

skills for survival

 

how jolly the laugh along

 

how bright the sword

my sudden one

 

let me tell you a story

for we are short of time

 

tell on

night’s still

 

intention veiling

 

triumph stain

 

for you my prey my dear

my death

 

so sad

so far

down deep

 

dark calm

 

lust sings

a violent wordless whirl

 

then here’s cruel day

first light will be for a blade

 

come my pretty cadence

be one more like the rest

 

by hornstroke

waltz around the fact

 

here for my little death and yours

 

go on with the story, go on

not yet…

 

you’ll wake with the tune

if you wake

 



two interesting versions -- 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2VtUi_rLo



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7l6363oPxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.