Wednesday 27 March 2024

#1549 - the bush my office

 




1549

5.88

28.iii.24

the bush, my office

Gore Cove Track Series

 

take make calls

jot down to do

 

‘save all this’

and ‘welcome’

‘go gently’

 

tide’s out in my office too

but later meet it

 

with footfall, creekrun

with leafdrift

 

my uphill office

in an insect scrawl

 

and where the sky starts  

all the distances to fall

of song

 

a bin chicken’s perch

brush scrub

 

nor is there any matter of minions

 

snakes sun in the offing yet

largely unseen


though we take daylight

 

hear it spoken to the very edge

dispense advice

free, fearless

 

all summer is telling till

 

we take the necessary steps

 

this someone crawling across my page

won’t leave the least trail




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.