Monday 29 August 2022

#967 - when I have a haircut

 



30.viii.22

967

3.240

when I have a haircut

 

not so short or shiny

just a tidy up please

a transformation!

 

after a haircut

I just look like a man who needs a haircut

I look just like someone who needs a haircut

I mean I no longer look like

creature come down from the trees

or in from the jungle

possibly a war

or in the last shower

wool over eyes

a little less mop

ears lowered

 

when I have a haircut

less wrecked

from the objective point of view

so younger

a trim could take years off your life

(could consider that disincentive)

 

but a little less feral is perhaps the point

not so disreputable after a trim

less need for crossing the street to avoid

or to quicken the pace away

less… irredeemable

irremediable, let’s say

 

it’s not as if it comes with a suit and tie

it’s not as if the stuff won’t grow back

 

in fact, after a haircut

that’s exactly what I’m waiting for –

more of the same

 

some might call it hording

I think of it as a reassertion of natural order

 

like with the bush when the saws are retired

letting my freak flag fly

 

but all of these things, of course,

only apply on those rare if-and-when occasions

 

it might never happen, they say


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.