Monday 31 May 2021

#516 - a little of my blood



 1.vi.21

516

2.149

a little of my blood

 

in the wild song of flight

because the bastards are coming for us

 

a little of me hiding

all this skin in the game

 

begin with the same story

… try to blend in

be tree

but wake up and the forest’s …

someone sent it up a chimney

an accent will give you away

 

as with pyjamas

read off a table of laws

took my pun

and love

 

my people and yours

the friendly tussle –

seasons and parting

 

like a violin run to the woods

to the garden

there just a moment

and always here before

 

saw through my head

bones of those thought to stay put

 

river for a song

the gods are prisoners of stone

 

having already suffered for sins

one could not yet have committed

 

there’s night and winter anyway

most of the blood in me

    as it turns out, well hidden

  now

with the twenty six tin letters retired

ready to stand and fight



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.