Saturday 27 February 2021

#428 - slept past the clock

 


28.ii.21

428

2.59

slept past the clock

for sleep to dream again

 

and time came to me

all creature and possible, curled

a soft touch

 

was in for the long rhyme

could come anywhere

 

I was the mountain

lovely in leaf

pillowed up

and a muck about under

I was the cloud scud sea

 

the voices!

time was where we wished

known dearest, long since

 

slept hills and far away

high grown

adored of mothering fathering eyes

 

no one to say one wasn’t there

I lay in deep belief

fed on the purest of sleeps

so loved

 

now and then a bass growl

the wolfing down

 

(note none of this was a penny lost

though not all can afford)

 

I was the ape in the six storey tree

wordless

where the poem met

 

no one was prying what this was all for

long lost, may I

 

no perfections there

 

chocolate and tipple too

later replete

 

like to be nameless and nobody there

have to make one’s own way

 

it was a world spin

at Earth’s End pillars

needed to go

 

did you catch that slam?

 

healed over

as for skin

 

now and then fell into print

and I was the uninscribed stone

 

a birthday suit

was all I came in

 

you have to make your own door

 

.

 

slept past the clock

and time came to me

 

these are the lines with which I woke

am I telling the truth just this once


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.