Tuesday 28 April 2020

#119 - living the forest


29.4.20
119
living the forest

I have a house of it
felled thing
cast incantations out          

here’s how the drought cracks
spring takes up

I work with it
I’m thing in progress

someone had arrows from here once

breathes by night
stands again

once upon this ground
my house went up
I was all hands to it   
others came, ideas full
snatches of tune and rhythm

takes rain to tank
puts on

I boarded up the forest
and still it grew around            

books into every cranny
someone said piano here
couldn’t stop guitar

all timber too
and like to leaf

wings came
pick up
sit at
you’ll flower



live upside down
won’t feel the whirl

the old footfalls
are on my way
this is the circuit round

hush, are you with me?      

I’m finding it
creep and crawl

forest is multitasking again
shine foliage and collect

inward up
comes unbidden

rolls out like machinery

had to be always sweeping

someone whispered remember the fires
someone called it a day
but it was too late for that

long, long ago by then I was
over hills
and green shoot
last of shower again  

here is my fool’s paradise

aren’t we all lovely lost to it?

hybris!
call our corner garden

bushed there with the effort

I live in the book’s paper makings  
no matter the sky is my screen
I’ll want anyway

I am the wilderness voice –
call me cello in the tree’s light

my timbre is timber            

all as must be

in sailing day
how colour catches

every creature’s climbing on

and in the tree’s light
a poem’s vast
who’ll count the cubic meters?

even in a few spare pages
still the wilds
wild branches hold

no one says
this forest
the tree
no one speaks a word







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.