Wednesday 26 February 2020

#58 - ballet delicate






58
27.2.20
ballet delicate

I carry myself wherever I go
   this particular 

island swamp and continent
o what expanse I am

and thinner than air
these who vector by vector
attend

time is the insect after me
and as innumerable

in a dust mote float
in a sunbeam sing

come dance to me on air as if
gods have gifted for a trial

will dung smoke do?
unknowing mist
and yet they are
not competing
save to be

we’re rarely on the news
or have our picture taken

rise conically  
and here we breed
from puddle

this flighty architecture

as if asteroid landing
to mine the rich ore
drone remote so lonely

in all the rain here home to bring
and under fear they go
too little ever for it

still they are dreamt to be here too
tattoo the air with tribe

a savage art it is to rule
dinosaurs do
very many herbivorous

I will not name diseases
they are unknown to arcane lore
take more of my kind
than others do

I myself can make a cloud
and trick us out of doors

the brush off
the Australian wave
must be my inoculation

to clear the air –
they have no wish to feed on us

twilit  come
grey dusky
crepuscular
tautologous

which kingdom?
ours, of course









I carry myself wherever I go

time is the insect after me

in a dust mote float
in a sunbeam sing

come dance to me on air as if
gods have gifted

I will not name diseases 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.