Friday 4 October 2024

#1710 - beside a self

 


1710

5.278

5.x.24

beside a self

 

as thing is I

 

doesn’t matter the shape

 

a stone inscribes a circle

 

as it is with everything around us

 

there’s forage

bless up on

 

day sudden with each thing beside

 

in the pages of which I am author

 

I could tell round

the favour returning

 

I am their mirror

 

only now see myself

 

time ahead, behind

 

we’ll often take the sun for a sign

show other marks

 

world a stone to turn

 

struck day spreads out

from where

 

this breeze a rough guess

in the twinkle too

in the tangle

 

the stone is a sea

takes breath of sky

 

from pebble, from grain grown

 

self’s in what’s fallen

afoot

 

most of the world is above itself

neither far nor long

neither still

 

it’s round as the seeing eye

 

we’re beginning to be here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.