Friday 9 August 2024

#1683 - wandering off in the big book


 


1683

5.222

10.viii.24

wandering off in the big book

 

by joy of self

all the day set down

 

a leaf to mark

 

the air companionable

almost to song

 

with my own machinery

ladders and not-quite-lawns

 

where someone was digging

a wallaby where

 

stillness, their colours

I, too, stand for

 

wink, rotate the ears

note this

 

the book’s in my head on the way

 

a very traipse

a hop off home

 

otherish voices

of fence apart

 

it’s all of us as if

the zephyr

 

X marks the door

or if not

 

the way is a telling

after, before

 

make the open

with our eyes

 

pondlicks

swamp beyond

 

bent at the tree

so the track leads

 

let it be mown

or not

 

spruik clover

 

could be doom

to round like this

 

some several acres

made or let

 

and over the tinkle hills too

 

keys conforming to an afternoon

 

away from the looking

though the barking begins

 

out upright breathing in

 

dell at my disposal

 

a welcome to my breeze beyond

 

wandering off in the big book

where you’ll find me to this moment

 

I see the day out so

it won’t know how it came










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.