Tuesday 27 August 2024

#1671 - on a day when I'm not here

 


1671

5.240

28.viii.24

on a day when I’m not here

for the Gore Cove Track Series

 

nothing can trip me in the grey

it’s the hours as if

 

let them go

and have my shadow cast

it’s shaped to just this day

 

not here

still undersky

as dreamt

 

in time that was cancelled

 

light breeze up too

 

the textbook says

‘don’t mention the weather

they’ll just think you’re boring’

 

still under it

event absent

how much can I take in?

 

what will be made of me?

 

must bring the stillness myself

cast belief

 

we’re mainly quotational

who use the words there are

 

on the day I’m not here

it’s a little like an afterlife

but more authentic, better

more effective

real


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.