Thursday 18 July 2024

#1661 - midden


 


1661

5.200

19.vii.24

midden

 

some people mean to make a motza

 

I’ve always wanted a midden

 

imagine!

there would be generations of me at it

chewing the fat all the while

delicious tales of lower down

far before

so and so, daughter, son

the begetting

 

pistachio shells, old green bottles

no one knew what

 

some will be king of the castle to fall

all the while building a tell

and trackless waste as well

 

wait up!

 

there are those want a stepped pyramid

I’ll settle for a shed

 

sleep for a week

or a month

or ten years

 

mainly scraps of paper

things half thought

 

wake up

coast is clear

 

some people keep their time in a cup

I spill mine all around

 

all last words echo

spit out the pips

 

some people wrap up heads in a tune

 

some are forgetting

and more than a few

 

far fossick in the ages

you will find me in these words

 

I like to sit on top of the pile

you get a better view









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.