Wednesday 31 January 2024

#1493 - one quarter of my family


 

1493

5.32

1.ii.24

one quarter of my family

Nagykaroly

for az alma new fekete

 

 

these whom I never knew

 

and of whom so little is known

a list of names is all

 

something in the newspaper

a wedding, some munificence

 

absent the map now

 

names changed

 

one quarter of the past of me

 

the horse trade

a broad brim

 

so much beard

so little known

 

but how they were tricked away

from time

 

these hearts hushed

against a hope

that neighbours might yet decently

 

this is how far

 

not here but from here

 

all this breath gone before mine

 

what can I say for them?

 

they bury the name of the town

 

I must make a face in my mind

for those I never saw

 

imagine a queue of them

leaving the world

 

I tell a parable standing for truth

 

it’s when there is no one left to tell

to be told

to do the telling

 

so it comes to what can’t be remembered

 

forget and go on

is how it goes

is how we’ve lived to here

 

it’s all against forgetting

 

hearts set

 

it’s how the world slips off

 

we are

still escaping the fate

of everyone before


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.