Tuesday 26 January 2021

#393 - the hoot

 



27.i.21

393

2.27

the hoot

example of constitutional ornithography

 

the hoot

perched on my shoulder and sang

a weekend’s worth

woohoo!

 

more than an honorific

 

preciously petal

up atom and fling

drunk dirge                                      

 

the festive hoot

all what-have-you garlanded with gall

and get-even

 

giftwrapped in fact

lovely wreathing!

 

under a party hat

too tinsel

hoot’s a slutty round and shout

for he’s a she’s a jolly good

brush by

rub up

whisper it back of my …

 

asked hoot to name its poison           

(bit of bunyip in this one)

 

and I along with, held

up multiple bars

(your gangster hoot to boot)

 

consider the hellish

and devil-may-not-even-care

(in pond with newt and toad-eye)

 

the hoot un-7-veiled

a champagne splash

fast cars

frequently encouraged to scoot

 

a fleshly

bedded for the whim

that’s why

it’s boudoir

 

we should be led by The Hoot

and once might’ve

(appoints the Prime Monster

and cabinet of little horrors)

all just for a hoot, you understand

that is how they are paid

 

and as for me – chalkface, shopped –

I cultivated a harmless hoot

sat golden in the singing boughs

as had for a song

 

just a breezeless hootsworth

and a hootenanny

 

last seen in the shed with a rake

(that’s a compromise position)

 

it was the any-beasting hoot

I mean – all bets heartful                    

 

shameful yet playful

rude hoot

(just a little damnation to spice)

 

when mentioned

went down like something proverbial

 

darker than ever down

I found a hoot

on the floor of my sea

a wake!

 

because hoot’s its own funeral too

and hides in a party of words

(yanks reduce to just breasts)

 

concupiscent hoot for a hotty

(lick, groove)

 

and in its original whimsy

dripping

all emotion too

 

buried my own mid-treasure

woke me most mellifluous

I put away all adult things

 

we’ll have one

do I hear ‘why not?’

 

sing cucu to a hoot

and then you will be too

 

in favour of

fly a hoot for fancy

se-metaphoric

raise a hoot after

surrender to say

 

and ah for after

post-hoot, so as to …

 

after, everyone said it was

lay down with the dogs

and woke with the hoot of such fleas

all ears!

 

hear it on the street some blindings

morning of a kettle drum

and horns deep in the head

 

is why

I keep a private hoot from parties   

ideas of a riot

kind of declaration

and everyone thought it was me

 

but you wouldn’t want to rely on this

there’s THE HOOT SHOOTS THROUGH

for a headline

(cigarette ended the bed)

 

that’s just gossamer, you know

 

and tug at my own too

it’s for luck

because

any-hoot

don’t you know

(and I think that you do)

your everyday common or garden

and you should, cause I do

you-can-try-this-at-home

it goes from woe

and fast or slow

it’s a beaut

when you’re having a hoot





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.