Sunday, 20 September 2026

#2455 -- one is always wishing a inch back

 



2455

7.262

21.ix.26

one is always wishing an inch back

 

I was someone else there

 

back into the mist

as far as there is no longer

 

taken by a shark

or

snake in a hollow best left

 

you may think you were hardly there at all

but a civilization grew up all around

 

one is always wishing a way back

to go again

to turn a world around

as if it wouldn’t by itseld

 

you were I was

someone else back then

 

each to own devices

 

one has to have read this far

 

as if everything were there before

one merely had to live

 

not so much the words

as the laughter

 

the human breath for a swamp of contagion

 

I set off a wilderness when I go


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.