Friday, 11 September 2026

#2446 -- the world we live in now

 


2446

7.253

12.ix.26

the world we live in now

 

on the ferry

I hear them behind me

casual animated

one doesn’t like to eavesdrop

in fact one wants to go on with

reading the newspaper, checking mail

enjoying the view

but there’s no missing this

it would require a special talent

not to take in their conversation

it’s all about brokers and the market

it’s a bit of a whinge but competitive too

what’s up what’s down

how to work around the rules

they don’t seem to have an interest

in any of the world’s many pressing problems

… a little lull coming in to the wharf

I hear them shuffling up

I look around as they go

soon to rule the world

two pimply lads in toff school uniforms

get off at East Balmain


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.